Minneapolis SEO Blog
SEO blog offers search engine news, resources and tools for search marketing professionals and industry media.
Search & Marketing Resources
Best Directories for SEO
Posted by blog - Monday, July 31, 2006
Our search marketing agency has been making some adjustments to link building services and while auditing current tactics, came across a good resource listing some of the best directories for link building and SEO over on the Search Engine Watch forums.
Directory listings rarely send unique visitors, but they are dectected by most search engine spiders. That can be an asset and a liability because if your site is listed in a large number of "seedy" directories, it may not reflect too well on your site rankings.
We stick with a core list of directories and then elaborate as a campaign gets under way: Yahoo, Business.com, Microsoft bCentral, DMOZ, BOTW and sometimes JoeAnt.
Tags: directories, seo, link building, search engine directories
Previous Posts* SEO Tools
* Money for Nothing and SEO for Free
* Changes with TopRank SEO Blog
* Most Influential Authorities on Blog Marketing
* Lowdown on Press Release Optimization
* Bye Bye Blogger.com
* Google Updates AdWords Keyword Tool
* MIMA Summit - Speaking Event on Search Marketing
* Yahoo on RSS: White Paper