<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Google
Web Blog
Social Bookmarking Strategies at SES New York 
Posted by blog - Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Last week I was a speaker at SES New York on a panel called "Bookmarking Strategies". I was tasked fairly specifically, to talk about the very basics of social bookmarking. On the panel with me were Todd Malicoat, Michael Gray and Neil Patel. Alex Bennert was moderator.

It was a particularly niche topic for an entire session, but I was glad and appreciative that Danny Sullivan asked me to do a presentation. I've been the 4th wheel at several SES Chicago shows in the past to answer questions, but no presentation.

The focus on the session was mostly del.icio.us and of course, social media optimization ala Digg, Netscape and StumbleUpon snuck in there a bit. My part introduced the major players, did a walkthrough and share some of the tools that make it easy to add bookmark links to web content including our own social bookmarking tool.

Despite such a niche topic and competition from other sessions, the room was nearly full and was covered by quite a few prominent bloggers. Here's a list of posts I've found so far:
I think it's interesting how each blogger titled their post something slightly different. I am writing a longer post about the basics of social bookmarking over at Online Marketing Blog and will also embed a copy of my presentation there.

Labels: , ,



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Previous Posts
* More Digg Lameness
* Digg Un-bans Online Marketing Blog
* SEO Tools & Tactics
* Search Marketing Seminar Minneapolis Minnesota
* Online Marketing Blog Gets Hit with DOS
* Dave Pasternack SEO Predictions in 2005
* TopRank Weekly Roundup
* The Cons of Changing URLs
* What's the Word on Page Rank?
* Vote for SEO Blog