Minneapolis SEO Blog
SEO blog offers search engine news, resources and tools for search marketing professionals and industry media.
Search & Marketing Resources
Web Developers: Help Me Help You
Posted by blog - Tuesday, April 17, 2007
A client's site is being completely overhauled by a new web dev agency from scratch because the existing agency has locked down the CMS as proprietary. These are questions put to the new agency web dev team:
1. "Can we manually or dynamically populate the title tags so they're not all the same?"
2. "If we map the old urls to the new urls with 301 redirects can you implement on the server?"
3. "Can you add this snippet of code to the templates so we can capture and report web analytics data?"
This kind of thing leaves me scratching my head why SEO gets such a bad rap and web dev shops come across as squeaky clean.
Previous Posts* Social Bookmarking Strategies at SES New York
* More Digg Lameness
* Digg Un-bans Online Marketing Blog
* SEO Tools & Tactics
* Search Marketing Seminar Minneapolis Minnesota
* Online Marketing Blog Gets Hit with DOS
* Dave Pasternack SEO Predictions in 2005
* TopRank Weekly Roundup
* The Cons of Changing URLs
* What's the Word on Page Rank?